With Soldiers conducting multiple deployments, our mission to provide a quality of life that enables Soldier and Family readiness has never been more important.
At Atlantic Region, Installation Management Command, we are dedicated to this challenge and to serving Soldiers and their Families. We are equally committed to caring for retirees, civilian employees and others who comprise our military communities.
The Garrison command would like to to keep you informed of any Fort Gordon and local area emergency information that may impact your day to day working and living environments. These notifications are prepared for the well being of you, your organization, and your family.
The Installation Operations Center utilizes ADT Mass Notification system and Visiplex Wireless PA system to alert personnel on the installation of impending disasters; these system are referred to as "The Giant Voice."
- Siren site selection based on topography, population density, individual siren coverage area.
- The system is public address capable with pre-recorded voice messages or impromptu messages.
- Ten of the sirens are equipped with battery backup system and can continue to function in a power outage.
- The sirens can be activated as a complete system, groups or individual sirens can be activated based on the emergency.
- These systems are capable of playing 4 different tones to warn of different types of emergencies.
ATTENTION: A TORNADO WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED. SEEK SHELTER NOW. DO NOT DELAY. SEEK SHELTER NOW.
Air Raid Tone - Tornado Warning
SHELTER IN PLACE
TAKE IMMEDIATE SHELTER OR IN LOCATION READILY ACCESSIBLE. DO NOT DELAY.
Siren Tone - Take Shelter
A WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED IN YOUR AREA. FOR YOUR SAFETY, PLEASE EVACUATE AREA TO ONE OF THE DEGINATED SHELTERS CLOSEST TO YOU.
Intermittent Buzzer Tone - Evacuate area
ALL CLEAR. THE EMERGENCY IS OVER. ALL CLEAR. THE EMERGENCY IS OVER. RESUME YOUR NORMAL ACTIVITIES. ALL CLEAR.
Steady Buzzer Tone - All Clear
For current Wet Bulb reading please contact the HEAT CAT HOT LINE at: 706-787-4688
SE Region Weather Radar:
Current Temperature Radar:
SE Region Surface Anaylsis Radar: