MULTI-USE LEARNING FACILITY (MLF) - The MLF is the primary source for self-development materials and the location of the Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST) program on Fort Gordon. Hours: Mon - Fri 07:30 - 1600
ARMY CORRESPONDENCE COURSES - Army correspondence courses are available through the Army Institute for Professional Development. These courses provide service school instruction to military personnel through correspondence study. Individuals participate in these courses on the basis of need for MOS proficiency, career growth and self-development. The Counselor can provide assistance in determining applicable courses and assists in resolving administrative problems individuals may have with courses or schools.
- Education, career and guidance counseling.
- Military Occupational Specialty - career maps and promotion study guidance.
- Financial aid, grants and scholarship information.
- Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP), and
- Old GI Bill/Vietnam-era VA education benefit program information.
- Evaluation of military experience for civilian college credit using the AARTS transcript or DD 295.
- ROTC Green to Gold Program, AMEDD and Physician Assistant information.
- Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST) program
- The counselor will use the Education Management Information System (EDMIS) to maintain your educational record.
Services and programs are available at the Education Center and Multi-Use Learning Facility. Details are available on other pages of this Web site.
Active duty military, reserve component military, retirees, Department of the Army civilians and their adult family members may receive counseling, information about financial aid and local programs, and enrollment in selected programs.
College credit by examination is available to all Active duty and reserve component military personnel FREE of charge. Retirees, Department of the Army civilians and all adult family members may be administered college credit-by-examinations for a nominal charge.